But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
Robert Burns-To a Mouse
Steinbeck first gave this novella the title "Something that happened". I guess it suited the theme of his work. "Of Mice and Men" illustrates how man's wishes and trials always have to answer in front of nature's power. They're just subject to things happening, over which we have no power. One of the most prolific dreams that mankind has, never having to answer in front of no one but yourself, is always a victim of fate. Take all the precautions in the world, and still you can't win. I'm learning this lesson the hard way and maybe that's why the novella's theme impressed me so much. You can never be sure whether life is gonna be good to you, or be an indifferent passer-by to your trials. I guess that's what causes this excitement towards what tomorrow is gonna bring. But I, lately being a pessimist, cannot help wondering if I've taken all my measures against failure and indifference. Have any of us?
Haiganu Furia Oarba - Marian Coman
Acum 9 ani



Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu